Re: Cephfs I/O when no I/O operations are submitted

Hello,

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:46:43 +0800 xiafei wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	I have a question about the I/O of cephfs.
> I configure cephfs with 2 OSDs, and 300PGs in two HDDs. Then I use the
> iostat (iostat -kx 1 /dev/sdd1) to monitor the I/Os of the HDDs
> (/dev/sdd1). The result is as follows:
>

> The iostat shows that there are write requests every second. However I
> do not execute any applications. What the source of the write I/O?

That's why you use atop and/or iotop to determine what program is writing
to the disks.

If it is indeed Ceph (ceph-osd process) writing to the disk then the
question is indeed what causes that.
I have no experience with CephFS, but quiescent RBD volume (mounted VM
images) does not produce I/O by itself.

You say that you're not running any application, but is the CephFS mounted
somewhere?

Regards,

Christian
chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications