Re: [Ceph] Feature Ceph Geo-replication

If you don't need synchronnous replication then asynchronnous is the way to go, but Ceph doesn't offer that natively. (not for RBD anyway, not sure how radosgw could be set up).

200km will add at least 1ms of latency network-wise, 2ms RTT, for TCP it will be more.
For sync replication (which ceph offers natively) this is high, and you also need a 0% packetloss. Unless you have your own fibre I recommend against it.

I suggest you replicate data on application level (databases) or incremental replication of filesystems (ZFS). You can also use Ceph snapshots and replicate those.

Before you decide on any design you should know your RPO/RTO/RCO requirements to decide what is sufficient.

Jan