Re: after loss of journal, osd fails to start with failed assert OSDMapRef OSDService::get_map(epoch_t) ret != null

Hi Jan,

> Journal doesn't just "vanish", though, so you should investigate further...

We tried putting journals as files to overcome the changes in ceph-deploy
where you can't have the journals unencrypted but only the disks itself.
(and/or you can't have the journals on an msdos-fdisk-thing disk, just gpt, but
the debian installier can't handle gpt)
(this worked when we started but was changed later)

After a crash [1] this file just wasn't there any longer.

> This log is from the new empty journal, right?

Yep.

We're slowly migrating away from the journal-as-file deployment;
I just thought that it should be able to start up with an empty
journal without dying with an assertion-failure.

Thx in advance

  Benedikt

[1] http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2015-December/006593.html