Re: how to see file object-mappings for cephfuse client

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Wuxiangwei <wuxiangwei@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, Everyone
>
> Recently I'm trying to figure out how to use ceph-fuse. If we mount cephfs as the kernel client, there is a 'cephfs' command tool (though it seems to be 'deprecated') with 'map' and 'show_location' commands to show the RADOS objects belonging to a given file. However, it doesn't work well for ceph-fuse, neither can I find a similar tool to see the mappings. Any suggestions?
> Thank you!

Rados objects  for a give inode is in form <inode number in hex>.xxxxxxxx.

To get a file's layout, you can use getfattr -n ceph.file.layout <file name>

To find a given object is stored on which OSDs, you can use command,
ceph osd map <cephfs data pool> <object name>