Re: Flapping OSDs, Large meta directories in OSDs

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Tom Christensen <pavera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another thing that we don't quite grasp is that when we see slow requests
> now they almost always, probably 95% have the "known_if_redirected" state
> set.  What does this state mean?  Does it indicate we have OSD maps that are
> lagging and the cluster isn't really in sync?  Could this be the cause of
> our growing osdmaps?

This is just a flag set on operations by new clients to let the OSD
perform more effectively — you don't need to worry about it.

I'm not sure why you're getting a bunch of client blacklist
operations, but each one will generate a new OSDMap (if nothing else
prompts one), yes.
-Greg