Re: OSD on a partition

On 12/01/2015 07:29 PM, Marek Dohojda wrote:
> I am looking through google, and I am not seeing a good guide as to how
> to put an OSD on a partition (GPT) of a disk.  I see lots of options for
> file system, or single physical drive but not partition.
>
> http://dachary.org/?p=2548
>
> This is only thing I found but that is from 2 years ago and no comments
> if this works or not.
>
> Is there a better guide/best practice for such a scenario?

Well, what is the thing you are trying to achieve? All tools want full
disks, but an OSD doesn't want it persé. It just wants a mount point
where it can write data to.

You can always manually bootstrap a cluster if you want to.

Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.
Ceph trainer and consultant

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902