Re: High disk utilisation

Hello,

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 07:15:35 +0000 MATHIAS, Bryn (Bryn) wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am seeing an issue with ceph performance.
> Starting from an empty cluster of 5 nodes, ~600Tb of storage.

It would be helpful to have more details (all details in fact) than this.
Complete HW, OS, FS used, Ceph versions and configuration details (journals
on HDD, replication levels etc).

While this might not seem significant to your current question, it might
prove valuable as to why you're seeing performance problems and how to
address them.

> monitoring disk usage in nmon I see rolling 100% usage of a disk.
> Ceph -w doesn’t report any spikes in throughput and the application
> putting data is not spiking in the load generated.

The ceph.log should give a more detailed account, but assuming your client
side is indeed steady state, this could be very well explained by
scrubbing, especially deep-scrubbing.
That should also be visible in the ceph.log.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/