RGW pool contents

Hi Yehuda/RGW experts,

I have one cluster with RGW up and running in the customer site.

I did some heavy performance testing on that with CosBench and as a result written significant amount of data to showcase performance on that.

Over time, customer also wrote significant amount of data using S3 api into the cluster.

Now, I want to remove the buckets/objects created by CosBench and need some help on that.

I ran the following command to list the buckets.

radosgw-admin bucket list”

The output is the following snippet..

    "rgwdef42",

    "rgwdefghijklmnop79",

    "rgwyzabc43",

    "rgwdefgh43",

    "rgwdefghijklm200",

……………………..

……………………..

My understanding is , cosbench should create containers with “mycontainers_<n>”  and objects with format “myobjects_<n>” prefix (?). But, it’s not there in the output of the above command.

Next, I tried to list the contents of the different rgw pools..

rados -p .rgw.buckets.index ls

.dir.default.5407.17

.dir.default.6063.24

.dir.default.6068.23

.dir.default.6046.7

.dir.default.6065.44

.dir.default.5409.3

………..

………..

Nothing with rgw prefix…Shouldn’t the bucketindex objects having similar prefix with bucket names ?

Now, tried to get the actual objects…

rados -p .rgw.buckets ls

default.6662.5_myobjects57862

default.5193.18_myobjects6615

default.5410.5_myobjects68518

default.6661.8_myobjects7407

default.5410.22_myobjects54939

default.6651.6_myobjects23790

……………………….

………………………

But, these buckets are not listed by the first “radosgw-admin” command, why ?

Next, I listed the contents of the .rgw pool and here is the output..

rados -p .rgw ls

.bucket.meta.rgwdefghijklm78:default.6069.18

rgwdef42

rgwdefghijklmnop79

rgwyzabc43

.bucket.meta.rgwdefghijklmnopqr71:default.6655.3

rgwdefgh43

.bucket.meta.rgwdefghijklm119:default.6066.25

rgwdefghijklm200

.bucket.meta.rgwxghi2:default.5203.4

rgwxjk17

rgwdefghijklm196

……………….

……………….

It seems this pool has the buckets listed by the radosgw-admin command.

Can anybody explain what is .rgw pool supposed to contain ?

Also, what is the difference between .users.uid and .users pool ?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks & Regards

Somnath