Re: Cannot mount CephFS after irreversible OSD lost

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Mykola Dvornik
<mykola.dvornik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm guessing in this context that "write data" possibly means creating
> a file (as opposed to writing to an existing file).
>
> Indeed. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> You've pretty much hit the limits of what the disaster recovery tools
> are currently capable of.  What I'd recommend you do at this stage is
> mount your filesystem read-only, back it up, and then create a new
> filesystem and restore from backup.
>
> Ok. Is it somehow possible to have multiple FSs on the same ceph cluster?

No, we want to do this but it's not there yet.  Your scenario is one
of the motivations :-)

(for the record multi-fs branch is
https://github.com/jcsp/ceph/commits/wip-multi-filesystems, which
works, but we'll probably go back and re-do the mon side of it before
finishing)

John