Re: Advised Ceph release

If it’s your first prod cluster, and you have no hard requirements for Infernalis features, I would say stick with Hammer.

Warren

From: Bogdan SOLGA <bogdan.solga@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bogdan.solga@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 1:58 PM
To: ceph-users <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: Calin Fatu <calin_fatu@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:calin_fatu@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject:  Advised Ceph release

Hello, everyone!

We have recently setup a Ceph cluster running on the Hammer release (v0.94.5), and we would like to know what is the advised release for preparing a production-ready cluster - the LTS version (Hammer) or the latest stable version (Infernalis)?

The cluster works properly (so far), and we're still not sure whether we should upgrade to Infernalis or not.

Thank you!

Regards,
Bogdan

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it immediately. *** Walmart Confidential ***