Re: Fixing inconsistency

Hi!

As for my previous message, digging mailing list gave me only one method to fix
inconsistency - truncate object files in a filesystem to a size, that they have
in ceph metadata:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-users/msg00794.html

But in that issue, metadata size was bigger, than ondisk, so thuncate really extends
object instead of shrinking and no data was lost.

In my case, metadata size is lesser then on-disk and I sure, that some data
will be lost if I truncate on-disk object to a size specified in metadata.

Is there any way to manually change object size in metadata?

When I try to get an object via rados by name, I get the 2777088 bytes instead
of 4194304. But when I look at the object contents, I can see, that data inside it
continues beyond 2777088 size, forming a whole 4M rbd chunk.

What will happens, if I do 'rados put' a 4M file into the cluster under the
same name? Will it update metadata size automatically? Can it broke RBD
layer, for example if rbd have store some data about objects in own headers/tables?

Thanks,
Megov Igor
CIO, Yuterra