Re: ceph-deploy for "deb http://ceph.com/debian-hammer/ trusty main"

Hi,

can someone shed some light on the status of this issue? I can see that Loic removed the target version a few days ago.

Is there any way we can help to fix this?

cheers,
Jaime

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:16 PM, David Clarke <davidc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23/10/15 09:08, Kjetil Jørgensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this seems to not get me ceph-deploy from ceph.com <http://ceph.com>.
>
> http://download.ceph.com/debian-hammer/pool/main/c/ceph/ceph_0.94.4-1trusty_amd64.deb
> does seem to contain /usr/share/man/man8/ceph-deploy.8.gz, which
> conflicts with ceph-deploy from elsewhere (ubuntu).
>
> Looking at:
> http://download.ceph.com/debian-hammer/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages
> There's no ceph-deploy package in there (There is if you replace hammer
> with giant, there is).
>
> Is ceph-deploy-by-debian-package from ceph.com <http://ceph.com>
> discontinued ?

This has been raised in the bug tracker a couple of times:

http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/13544
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/13548

The actual .deb files are in the repository, but not mentioned in the
Packages files, so it looks like something has gone awry with the
repository build scripts.

A direct download in available at:

http://download.ceph.com/debian-hammer/pool/main/c/ceph-deploy/ceph-deploy_1.5.28trusty_all.deb

That version does not include /usr/share/man/man8/ceph-deploy.8.gz, and
so does not cause issues when installed alongside ceph 0.94.4.

--
David Clarke
Systems Architect

Jaime Melis
Project Engineer
OpenNebula - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx