Re: rbd create => seg fault

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 5:25 AM, Mark Kirkwood
<mark.kirkwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When you do:
>
> $ rbd create
>
> You are using the kernel (i.e 3.13) code for rbd, and this is likely much
> older than the code you just built for the rest of Ceph. You *might* have
> better luck installing the vivid kernel (3.19) on your trusty system are
> trying again.
>
> Having said that - seg fault is pretty evil, should really fail in a nicer
> way if the kernel client is too old to work with the newer Ceph...I'd raise
> an issue anyway and see what the devs say!

This seg fault is not in any way tied to the kernel version.

The kernel isn't involved in creating rbd images or using them through
librbd (or anything that uses librbd indirectly).  It's only if you try
to use the kernel client (rbd map/unmap) that it starts to matter which
kernel you are on.

Thanks,

                Ilya