Re: RBD - 'attempt to access beyond end of device'

On 12 Nov 2015, at 20:49, Bogdan SOLGA <bogdan.solga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Jan!

Thank you for your advices, first of all!

The filesystem was created using mkfs.xfs, after creating the RBD block device and mapping it on the Ceph client. I haven't specified any parameters when I created the filesystem, I just ran mkfs.xfs on the image name.

As you mentioned the filesystem thinking the block device should be larger than it is - I have initially created that image as a 2GB image, and then resized it to be much bigger. Could this be the issue?

Sounds more than likely :-) How exactly did you grow it?

Jan

There are several RBD images mounted on one Ceph client, but only one of them had issues. I have made a clone, and I will try running fsck on it.

Fortunately it's not important data, it's just testing data. If I won't succeed repairing it I will trash and re-create it, of course.

Thank you, once again!