Re: Ceph file system is not freeing space

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If you or someone else is interested, the whole cache file can be down
>> loaded at:
>>
>> wget ftp://ftp.keepertech.com/outgoing/eric/dumpcache.txt.bz2
>>
>> It is about 1.8 MB uncompressed.
>>
>> I know that snapshots are not being regularly tested, but do you want
>> me to open a ticket on this issue and others I come across?
>
> Yes please!

Eric: for the ticket, can you also gather an MDS log (with debug mds =
20) from the point where the MDS starts up until the point where it
has been active for a few seconds?  The strays are evaluated for
purging during startup, so there may be something in there to tell us
why the MDS is deciding not to purge these guys.

> John, are you interested in digging into this (I see the dirt parent
> et al bits that are probably causing issues) or should we get Zheng to
> do it?

Let's see if there's something apparent in the log first, and then prioritize.

John