Re: Building a Pb EC cluster for a cheaper cold storage

10.11.2015 19:40, Paul Evans пишет:
> Mike - unless things have changed in the latest versions(s) of Ceph, I *not* believe CRUSH will be successful in creating a valid PG map if the ’n' value is 10 (k+m), your host count is 6, and your failure domain is set to host.  You’ll need to increase your host count to match or exceed ’n', change the failure domain to OSD, or alter the k+m config to something that is more compatible to your host count…otherwise you’ll end up with incomplete PG’s.
> Also note that having more failure domains (i.e. - hosts) than your ’n’ value is recommended.
>
> Beyond that, you’re likely to run operational challenges putting that many drives behind a single CPU-complex when the host count is quite low. My $.02.
> --
> Paul

What if we make a buckets in each jbod, example; each jbod will be have
3 buckets witch 30HDD each? And failure domain make as bucket, not host?

Yes, if jbod totaly fail - we will lost 3 buckets, but a chance of
failure two disk in bucket it lower, than on whole jbod.

It's reasonable?