Re: PGs stuck in active+clean+replay

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Andras Pataki
<apataki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> No, unfortunately I haven¹t found any resolution to it.  We are using
> cephfs, the whole installation is on 0.94.4.  What I did notice is that
> performance is extremely poor when backfilling is happening.  I wonder if
> timeouts of some kind could cause PG¹s to get stuck in replay.  I lowered
> the Œosd max backfills¹ parameter today from the default 10 all the way
> down to 1 to see if it improves things.  Client read/write performance has
> definitely improved since then, whether this improves the
> Œstuck-in-replay¹ situation, I¹m still waiting to see.

Argh. Looks like known bug http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/13116. I've
pushed a new branch hammer-pg-replay to the gitbuilders which
backports that patch and ought to improve things if you're able to
install that to test. (It's untested but I don't foresee any issues
arising.) I've also added it to the backport queue.
-Greg