Re: ceph and upgrading OS version

There are several routes you can follow for this work. The best one
will depend on cluster size, current data, pool definition (size),
performance expectations, etc.

They range from doing dist-upgrade a node at a time, to
remove-upgrade-then-add nodes to the cluster. But knowing that ceph is
"self-healing" if you aren't somewhat careful you can do an upgrade
online without much disruption if any (performance will always be
impacted).