Re: ceph and upgrading OS version

Depending on how busy your cluster is, I’d nuke and pave node by node. You can slow the data movement off the old box, and also slow it on the way back in with weighting. My own personal preference, if you have performance overhead to spare.

Warren

From: Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:andrei@xxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM
To: "ceph-users@xxxxxxxx<mailto:ceph-users@xxxxxxxx>" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxx<mailto:ceph-users@xxxxxxxx>>
Subject:  ceph and upgrading OS version

Hello everyone

I am planning to upgrade my ceph servers from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 and I am wondering if you have a recommended process of upgrading the OS version without causing any issues to the ceph cluster?

Many thanks

Andrei

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it immediately. *** Walmart Confidential ***