Re: How ceph client abort IO

I want to abort and retry a IO if taking longer time not completed. Does this make sense in Ceph? How ceph client handle longer timeout IOs? Just wait until it returned, or other error recovery method can be used to handle IO which can not be responsed in time.

Thanks.

There is no such interface currently on the librados / OSD side to abort IO operations.  Can you provide some background on your use-case for aborting in-flight IOs?

--

Jason Dillaman