De: hzwulibin@xxxxxxxxx
À: "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Mardi 20 Octobre 2015 10:22:33
Objet:  [performance] rbd kernel module versus qemu librbd

Hi,
I have a question about the IOPS performance for real machine and virtual machine.
Here is my test situation:
1. ssd pool (9 OSD servers with 2 osds on each server, 10Gb networks for public & cluster networks)
2. volume1: use rbd create a 100G volume from the ssd pool and map to the real machine
3. volume2: use cinder create a 100G volume form the ssd pool and atach to a guest host
4. disable rbd cache
5. fio test on the two volues:
[global]
rw=randwrite
bs=4k
ioengine=libaio
iodepth=64
direct=1
size=64g
runtime=300s
group_reporting=1
thread=1

volume1 got about 24k IOPS and volume got about 14k IOPS.

We could see performance of volume2 is not good compare to volume1, so is it normal behabior of guest host?
If not, what maybe the problem?

Thanks!

hzwulibin@xxxxxxxxx