Re: Ceph journal - isn't it a bit redundant sometimes?

> If I were to use RADOS directly in my app I'd probably rejoice at its
> capabilities and how useful and non-legacy it is, but my use is basically
> for RBD volumes with OpenStack (libvirt, qemu...). And for that those
> capabilities are unneeded.

Just to clarify, RBD does utilize librados transactions in certain cases.  An example includes CoW/CoR support for clones (the first op is a class method call to rbd.copyup which will write the provided parent image block if the clone object doesn't already exist; and the second op will mutate the data via truncate, overwrite, etc).

--

Jason Dillaman