CephFS and page cache

Hi,

I've noticed that CephFS (both ceph-fuse and kernel client in version 4.2.3) remove files from page cache as soon as they are not in use by a process anymore.

Is this intended behaviour? We use CephFS as a replacement for NFS in our HPC cluster. It should serve large files which are read by multiple jobs on multiple hosts, so keeping them in the page cache over the duration of several job invocations is crucial.

Mount options are defaults,noatime,_netdev (+ extra options for the kernel client). Is there an option to keep data in page cache just like any other filesystem?

Regards,
Burkhard