Rados python library missing functions

Hello everyone,

I am very new to Ceph so, please excuse me if this has already been discussed. I couldn't find anything on the web.

We are interested in using Ceph and access it directly via its native rados API with python. We noticed that certain functions that are available in the C library aren't exposed/implemented in the Python module.

For example: rados_write_op_cmpxattr or rados_write_op_omap_cmp.

Is there any reason why they aren't implemented in python?

Are there anything particular problems that might stop us from using them python directly from the C library ourselves?

Thank you,