Re: Correct method to deploy on jessie

On 10/01/2015 08:54 AM, Dmitry Ogorodnikov wrote:
> As far as ceph-deploy is a part of most documented manipulations, I
> can't operate ceph without it.

Yes, you can.

Because of absence of ceph-deploy I did deploy the whole cluster
in "manual" mode on my jessie and armhf based hardware.
Ceph's documentation states manual steps sometimes as
"puppet" mode, or "chef".

It is possible to operate ceph without "ceph-deploy", a high level
tool but it costs a lot of your time. On the other hand
manual mode gives you a chance to learn
and understand that technology.

>From my point of view ceph's documentation of manual mode
is not yet optimal, because majority of users do the easy way
with "ceph-deploy". Manual mode based setup is difficult, but feasible.

Cheers,
Marcin.