Antw: Re: Antw: Hammer reduce recovery impact

>>> Dan van der Ster <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Mittwoch, 23.
September 2015
um 14:04:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Steffen Weißgerber
> <WeissgerberS@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "... osd recovery op priority: This is
>>  the priority set for recovery operation. Lower the number, higher
the
> recovery priority.
>>  Higher recovery priority might cause performance degradation until
recovery
> completes. "
>>
>> So when setting the value for recovery_op_priority higher then the
value for
>> client_op_priority the client requests should have higher priority
than
> recovery requests.
>
> I don't think so. The op priorities are implemented as a weighted
> priority queue -- priority is the weight given to those ops. bigger
> value here means more relative priority.
>
> Cheers, Dan

Yes, normally I would think so too and was thinking when reading the
chapter in
the book for the first time.

Nevertheless my experience is now different and I'm happy to have
configuration
whithout the fear to loose client performance when the cluster
recovers.

Can anybody check this in a test environment?

Regards

Steffen

--
Klinik-Service Neubrandenburg GmbH