Re: lttng duplicate registration problem when using librados2 and libradosstriper

On 18/09/15 17:15, Paul Mansfield wrote:
> LTTng-UST: Error (-17) while registering tracepoint probe. Duplicate
> registration of tracepoint probes having the same name is not allowed.
> /bin/sh: line 1: 61001 Aborted                 (core dumped) ./$test

I have made an interesting discovery. I was building my test program on
and for Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6*, using the rpm files with
version -0.94.3-0.el6.x86_64. This gives me the lttng clash.

I then took a RHEL7.1 box and build my test program against the el7
versions of the packages (namely 0.94.3-0.el7.x86_64) and it works just
fine, no problems with lttng clashes at all.

When I examine the libraries for differences using ldd, I find that the
el7 versions don't need lttng at all, but the el6 do.

So it appears that the el6 libraries had -WITH-LTTNG enabled when they
were built, but the el7 don't.

I've tried building ceph from sources on centos6 to get a copy of the
libraries without lttng. I've tried both git cloning the hammer branch,
or downloading the .tar.bz2 and using rpmbuild as per the wiki, but
neither work, something always fails critically along the way :-(

* this target platform is already chosen, I can't change it, I'd like to
switch to RHEL7 but sadly can't.