Re: lttng duplicate registration problem when using librados2 and libradosstriper

Thanks. I read the notes about mixing dynamic and static libraries, but
at the moment I can't see why that affects me as I'm not doing anything
clever with linking, my makefile simply has "-lrados -lradosstriper" in
it, and I'm using gcc in a standard way.

If I used "ldd" and "nm" on the .o and executables it looks normal to me.

That said, we have a unique and special build system here which could be
doing something odd, but I have delved through the logs and the compiler
and linker options look sane.

thanks for your time

On 21/09/15 18:14, Jason Dillaman wrote:
> This is usually indicative of the same tracepoint event being included by both a static and dynamic library.  See the following thread regarding this issue within Ceph when LTTng-ust was first integrated [1].  Since I don't have any insight into your application, are you somehow linking against Ceph static libraries?
>
> [1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.devel/20353

>>> Paul

Paul Mansfield
DevOps Engineer