help! failed to start ceph-mon daemon

OS : Ubuntu 14.04
I have built the ceph source code and make it installed with the following commands:
apt-get install a series of dependency packages
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install

All these processes went well. When I type:

which ceph

Console shows:

/usr/local/bin/ceph

So I think I have install ceph successfully. But when I try to start the ceph-mon daemon, console tells me:

start: unknown job: ceph-mon

And I have checked my service list by typing:

initctl list | grep ceph

And the output is blank.

Somebody could tell me why? And how to deal with it? Do I really need to build the deb package and install it ?

--
Zhen Wang