Re: Software Raid 1 for system disks on storage nodes (not for OSD disks)

Hi,
> On 18 Sep 2015, at 17:06, Martin Palma <martin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it a good idea to use a software raid for the system disk (Operating System) on a Ceph storage node? I mean only for the OS not for the OSD disks.

Yes, absolutely. Or even a hardware RAID if that's what you use elsewhere.

> And what about a swap partition? Is that needed?

If it's only for the OSDs then no, you don't need swap, all the OSDs need to fit in memory to perform well and the OS daemons are tiny in comparison. Saves some hassle tuning swapiness and stuff too.

Jan