multi-datacenter crush map

Hi all,

I have found on the mailing list that it should be possible to have a multi datacenter setup, if latency is low enough.

I would like to set this up, so that each datacenter has at least two replicas and each PG has a replication level of 3.

In this mail, it is suggested that I should use the following crush map for multi DC:

rule dc {
    ruleset 0
    type replicated
    min_size 1
    max_size 10
    step take default
    step chooseleaf firstn 0 type datacenter
    step emit
}

This looks suspicious to me, as it will only generate a list of two PG's, (and only one PG if one DC is down).

I think I should use:

rule replicated_ruleset {
ruleset 0
type replicated
min_size 1
max_size 10
step take root
step choose firstn 2 type datacenter
step chooseleaf firstn 2 type host
step emit
step take root
step chooseleaf firstn -4 type host
step emit
}

This correctly generates a list with 2 PG's in one DC, then 2 PG's in the other and then a list of PG's
The problem is that this list contains duplicates (e.g. for 8 OSDS per DC)

[13,11,1,8,13,11,16,4,3,7]
[9,2,13,11,9,15,12,18,3,5]
[3,5,17,10,3,5,7,13,18,10]
[7,6,11,14,7,14,3,16,4,11]
[6,3,15,18,6,3,12,9,16,15]

Will this be a problem?

If crush is executed, will it only consider osd's which are (up,in)  or all OSD's in the map and then filter them from the list afterwards?
Thx,
Wouter