Re: CephFS/Fuse : detect package upgrade to remount

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Florent B <florent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way on Debian to detect an upgrade of
> ceph-fuse package, that "needs" remouting CephFS.
>
> When I upgrade my systems, I do a "aptitude update && aptitude
> safe-upgrade".
>
> When ceph-fuse package is upgraded, it would be nice to remount all
> CephFS points,  I suppose.
>
> Does someone did this ?

I'm not sure how this could work. It'd be nice to smoothly upgrade for
users, but
1) We don't automatically restart the OSD or monitor daemons on
upgrade, because users want to control how many of their processes are
down at once (and the load spike of a rebooting OSD),
2) I'm not sure how you could safely/cleanly restart a process that's
serving a filesystem. It's not like we can force users to stop using
the cephfs mountpoint and then reopen all their files after we reboot.
-Greg