Re: XFS and nobarriers on Intel SSD

Hello,

Note that I see exactly your errors (in a non-Ceph environment) with both
Samsung 845DC EVO and Intel DC S3610.
Though I need to stress things quite a bit to make it happen.

Also setting nobarrier did alleviate it, but didn't fix it 100%, so I
guess something still issues flushes at some point.

>From where I stand LSI/Avago are full of it.
Not only does this problem NOT happen with any onboard SATA chipset I have
access to, their task abort and reset is what actually impacts things
(several seconds to recover), not whatever insignificant delay caused by
the SSDs.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/