Re: btrfs ready for production?

btrfs has been discussed at length here. Search the archives if you want more detail, but my take on it is that you probably shouldn't use it production right now. Also from http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/filesystem-recommendations/

"We currently recommend XFS for production deployments. We recommend btrfs for testing, development, and any non-critical deployments. We believe that btrfs has the correct feature set and roadmap to serve Ceph in the long-term, but XFS and ext4 provide the necessary stability for today’s deployments. btrfs development is proceeding rapidly: users should be comfortable installing the latest released upstream kernels and be able to track development activity for critical bug fixes."

QH