Re: Accelio & Ceph

Thanks Roy, we're planning to grow on this cluster if can get the performance that we need, the idea is to run non-relational databases here, so it would be high-io intensive. We are talking in grow terms of about 40-50 OSD servers with no more than 6 OSD daemons per server. If you got some hints or docs out there on how to compile ceph with accelio it would be awesome.

German

Thanks !

I think you should try installing from the ceph mainstream..There are some bug fixes went on after Hammer (not sure if it is backported)..

I would say try with 1 drive -> 1 OSD first since presently we have seen some stability issues (mainly due to resource constraint) with more OSDs in a box.

The another point is, installation itself is not straight forward. You need to build all the components probably, not sure if it is added as git submodule or not, Vu , could you please confirm ?

Since we are working to make this solution work at scale, could you please give us some idea what is the scale you are looking at for future deployment ?

Regards

Somnath