Re: How to disable object-map and exclusive features ?

Unfortunately, the tool the dynamically enable/disable image features (rbd feature disable <image-spec> <feature>) was added during the Infernalis development cycle.  Therefore, in the short-term you would need to recreate the images via export/import or clone/flatten.

There are several object map / exclusive lock bug fixes that are scheduled to be included in the 0.94.4 release that might address your issue.  However, without more information, we won't know if the issue you are seeing has been fixed or not in a later release.

If it is at all possible, it would be most helpful if you could provide logs or a backtrace when the VMs lock up.  Since it happens so infrequently, you may not be willing to increase the RBD debug log level to 20 on one of these VMs. Therefore, another possibility is for you to run "gcore <VM qemu pid>" to generate a core dump or attach GDB to the hung VM and run "thread apply all bt".  With the gcore or backtrace method, we would need a listing of all the package versions installed on the machine to recreate a similar debug environment.

Thanks,

Jason