Re: Is Ceph appropriate for small installations?

On 08/31/2015 08:06 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
>>> True, true. But I personally think that Ceph doesn't perform well on
>>> small <10 node clusters.
>
> Hi, I can reach 600000 iops 4k read with 3 nodes (6ssd each).

True, but your performance is greatly impacted during recovery. So a
three node cluster might work well when the skies are clear and the sun
is shining, but it has a hard time dealing with a complete node failure.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902