a couple of radosgw questions

A couple of questions on the radosgw...

1.  I noticed when I use s3cmd to put a 10M object into a bucket in the rados object gateway,
    I get the following objects created in .rgw.buckets:
     0.5M
       4M
       4M
     1.5M

    I assume the 4M breakdown is controlled by "rgw obj stripe size".  What causes the small initial 0.5M piece?

    Also, is there any diagram showing which parts of this striping, if any, occur in parallel?

2. I noticed when I use s3cmd to remove an object, it is no longer visible from the S3 API, but the objects
   that comprised it are still there in .rgw.buckets pool.  When do they get removed?

-- Tom Deneau, AMD