Re: shutdown primary monitor, status of the osds on it will not change, and command like 'rbd create xxx' would block

The OSDs should be marked down within about 30 seconds. Can you provide additional information such as ceph version and the ceph.conf file.

Thanks,

Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1