Opensource plugin for pulling out cluster recovery and client IO metric

Hello Ceph Geeks

I am planning to develop a python plugin that pulls out cluster recovery IO and client IO operation metrics , that can be further used with collectd.

For example , i need to take out these values

recovery io 814 MB/s, 101 objects/s
client io 85475 kB/s rd, 1430 kB/s wr, 32 op/s

Could you please help me in understanding how ceph -s  and ceph -w outputs prints cluster recovery IO and client IO information
Where this information is coming from. Is it coming from perf dump ? If yes then which section of perf dump output is should focus on. If not then how can i get this values.

I tried ceph --admin-daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-osd.48.asok perf dump , but it generates hell lot of information and i am confused which section of output should i use.

Please help

Thanks in advance