radosgw-agent keeps syncing most active bucket - ignoring others

Hi,

from the doc of radosgw-agent and some items in this list, I understood
that the max-entries argument was there to prevent a very active bucket
to keep the other buckets from keeping synced. In our agent logs however
we saw a lot of "bucket instance bla has 1000 entries after bla", and
the agent kept on syncing that active bucket.

Looking at the code, in class DataWorkerIncremental, it looks like the
agent loops in fetching log entries from the bucket until it receives
less entries then the max_entries. Is this intended behaviour? I would
suspect it to just pass the "max_entries" log entries for processing and
increase the marker.

Is there any other way to make sure less active buckets are frequently
synced? We've tried increasing num-workers, but this only has affect the
first pass.

Thanks,
Sam