Change protection/profile from a erasure coded pool

Hello everyone,

Today I have a cluster with 4 hosts and I created a pool that uses a erasure code profile bellow:

######
directory=/usr/lib/ceph/erasure-code
k=3
m=1
plugin=jerasure
ruleset-failure-domain=host
technique=reed_sol_van
######

This cluster is used only for RGW and I’m planning to add a new host on that cluster. So, with a new node I’d like to change this pool to use another profile where with k=3, m=2 to increase the protection of the data.

Keep in mind the need of create new pool with a different profile and move all objects from the previous pool to the new, because a previous created pool cannot be modified. I’d like to know if someone already done that and if someone has some recommendation for better way to make this done?

Regards.

Italo Santos
http://italosantos.com.br/