Re: НА: inconsistent pgs

Did you copy the OSD objects between btrfs->xfs or did you remove the btrfs OSD and add a new XFS OSD?

Jan

On 07 Aug 2015, at 17:06, Межов Игорь Александрович <megov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

I'm sorry, but I dont know, how to help you. We move OSDs from XFS to EXT4 on our test
cluster (Hammer 0.94.2), removing ODSs one-by-one and re-adding them after reformatting
to EXT4. This process is usual to a ceph (Add/Remove OSDs in documentaion) and took
place without any data loss. We also change ruleset, like written in Sebastian Han's blog:

http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/08/25/ceph-mix-sata-and-ssd-within-the-same-box/

And it was also with no harm to data. But we dont use tiering, maybe some things
happens with data while removing cache tier, like not all objects was written back to
lower lier pool?

Megov Igor
CIO, Yuterra

От: Константин Сахинов <sakhinov@xxxxxxxxx>
Отправлено: 7 августа 2015 г. 15:39
Кому: Межов Игорь Александрович; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Тема: Re: inconsistent pgs

It's hard to say now. I changed one-by-one my 6 OSDs from btrfs to xfs. During the repair process I added 2 more OSDs. Changed crush map from root-host-osd to root-chasis-host-osd structure... There was SSD cache tiering set, when first inconsistency showed up. Then I removed tiering to confirm than it was not the reason of inconsistencies.
Once there was hardware problem with one node - PCI slot issue. I shut down that node and exchanged motherboard to the same model.
I'm running CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core) with 3.10.0-229.7.2.el7.x86_64 kernel.