Questions about erasure code pools

Hi,

I read here in the documentation: http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/architecture/#erasure-coding

"In an erasure coded pool, the primary OSD in the up set receives all write operations. " I dont' find what happens with read operations. Does the client contact the primary and does this OSD collect the object, or does the client decode the data of the ecpool itself?

Another question: When using cephfs with it, we have to use a cache pool on top of it. But this forms a huge bottleneck for read-only operations. Is it possible to use the ec pool directly and bypass the cache for read-only mounts/ scenarios ?
One such a use case would be to read out cephfs snapshots.

Another question about using caches with erasure code: Is it configurable to have some kind of affinity between the Primary OSD of the ecpool and the cache OSD. This to limit network traffic when flushing data from the cache.

Many thanks !!

Kenneth