Re: which kernel version can help avoid kernel client deadlock

> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:37:37 +0300
> Subject: Re: [ceph-users] which kernel version can help avoid kernel client deadlock
> From: idryomov@xxxxxxxxx
> To: zhangz.david@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: chaofanyu@xxxxxxxxxxx; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Z Zhang <zhangz.david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > ________________________________
> > Subject: Re: [ceph-users] which kernel version can help avoid kernel client
> > deadlock
> > From: chaofanyu@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:16:16 +0800
> > CC: idryomov@xxxxxxxxx; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To: zhangz.david@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >

> > On Jul 30, 2015, at 12:48 PM, Z Zhang <zhangz.david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > We also hit the similar issue from time to time on centos with 3.10.x
> > kernel. By iostat, we can see kernel rbd client's util is 100%, but no r/w
> > io, and we can't umount/unmap this rbd client. After restarting OSDs, it
> > will become normal.
>
> 3.10.x is rather vague, what is the exact version you saw this on? Can you
> provide syslog logs (I'm interested in dmesg)?

The kernel version should be 3.10.0.

I don't have sys logs at hand. It is not easily reproduced, and it happened at very low memory situation. We are running DB instances over rbd as storage. DB instances will use lot of memory when running high concurrent rw, and after running for a long time, rbd might hit this problem, but not always. Enabling rbd log makes our system behave strange during our test.

So far test looks fine for few days, but still under observation. So want to know if there are some other fixes?