Migrate OSDs to different backend

Hi all,

We are considering to migrate all our OSDs of our EC pool from KeyValue to Filestore. Does someone has experience with this? What would be a good procedure?

We have Erasure Code using k+m: 10+3, with host-level failure domain on 14 servers. Our pool is 30% filled.

I was thinking:
We set the weight of 1/2 of the OSDS on each host to 0 and let the cluster migrate the data
We then remove these OSDS, and re-add them
We do then the same with the other OSDS
(Or we do it in 3 times with 1/3 of the OSDS)

Another option:
We repeatedly;
Remove all KV OSDS of 2 servers (m=3)
Re-add all those OSDS with filestore
Wait for data to rebalance

Does someone know what would be the best way? Are there things we should not forget or be careful with ?

Thank you very much!

Kenneth