Re: hadoop on ceph

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Patrick McGarry <pmcgarry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Moving this to the ceph-user list where it has a better chance of
> being answered.
>

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 5:35 AM, jingxia.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <jingxia.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Dear ,
>> I have questions to ask.
>> The doc says hadoop on ceph but requires Hadoop 1.1.X stable series
>> I want to know if CephFS Hadoop plugin can be used by Hadoop 2.6.0  now or
>> it is not support Hadoop2.6.0 and still being developed?
>> If Ceph can not be used by Hadoop2.6.0,then i want to know when it will can
>> be used and is there a team to developing it?
>> I use Hadoop 1.1.2 on ceph is ok, but when hadoop 2.6.0 use ceph,there is
>> something wrong and hdfs is still on.

The current Hadoop plugin we test with should run against Hadoop 2.
There are a couple of different versions floating around so maybe you
managed to grab the old one?
But in any case the Ceph plugin has very little to do with whether
HDFS gets started or not; that's all in your configuration steps and
scripts.

Development on the Hadoop integration is pretty sporadic but it runs
in our nightlies so we notice if it breaks.
-Greg