How is Storage Object managed in Ceph Object Storage

Hi:

I am defining Objects broken down from a file to be stored in Object Storage Cloud, as Storage Objects.

What I know: I have read documents and papers about object storage cloud. Most of the time, the documents assume that storage objects from a file (to be stored) have been already created and rest of the storage process is mostly explained. A Storage Object is a container that has some fixed size data with a numeric ID and some metadata.

what I would like to know is, In Ceph Object Storage:

  1. "How" are those storage objects actually created?
  2. What is the break down process of a file into multiple storage objects?
  3. What metadata and minimum metadata is saved alongside each object?
  4. What "key" is (extracted) required to later retrieve that storage object?
  5. Where is this "key" stored in Ceph?
Thanks
Jiwan