Re: Dont used fqdns in "monmaptool" and "ceph-mon --mkfs"

On 7/16/15, 9:51 PM, "ceph-users on behalf of Goncalo Borges"
<ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
goncalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Once I substituted the fqdn by simply the hostname (without the domain)
>it worked.

Goncalo,

I ran into the same problems too - and ended up bailing on the
"ceph-deploy" tools and manually building my clusters ... eventually
tripped over a piece of documentation on the ceph site that mentions this:

http://ceph.com/docs/v0.71/radosgw/config/#add-a-gateway-configuration-to-c
eph

The text:

  Note host must be your machine hostname, not FQDN.

Incidentally - this note doesn't seem to appear in the "master" docs
anymore ... There are a couple of other places where that note is
referenced... but it's definitely something that could be spelled out in
bot the Quick and Manual install procedures early on in big red WARNING
text, IMO.

I'm hoping to get more involved with providing back to the Ceph community,
and will start with documentation - and hope to submit patches myself soon
for that very issue ...

~~shane