Re: Failures with Ceph without redundancy/replication

Depends on how you use it - as RADOS object store? Or via radosgw? Or as RBD images? CephFS?

Basically all RADOS object in the PGs on the OSD will be lost.
That means all RBD images using those PGs will be lost (or have holes in them if you force it to, but basically you should consider them lost completely).
Not sure about cephfs or radosgw, but it will be close to the first scenario.

IMO doing this is a very very bad idea and I see no reason to use ceph to do this, too much abstraction because of durability, which you don’t have anyway…

Jan